Link to Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSgJhbogYZ3WaiPw-eiwQ-QEEFUaeTt46fy9BxusyL98dQaaULFZIcMzrIZtrgl_1aq5UjX0DB3joR_/pub PLANNING In my initial plan, I outline wanting to make a 6ft tall sculpture of Nik Fiend in silicone, this is something I did not end up seeing through, but in this planning section I shall go through my main inspirations for this piece specifically, and will go through the details of my long and arduous journey to where I got to. Damien Hirst-'Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable' http://www.damienhirst.com/exhibitions/solo/2017/treasures-from-the-wreck-of-the-unbelievable As Damien Hirst is one of the artists I have been studying for my final major, I thought it important to take inspiration from him with my sculptures and despite being commercially unsuccessful, I think this my favourite exhibition of his. He created an exhibition that looked like items that had been discovered from a shipwreck of a large ship called he ...
Working in Clay Air-dry Clay -Dries very quickly in comparison to other clays -Dependent on the brand can contain fibres that make the sculpture dry looking fluffy -Sometimes struggles to bond to itself if the bonds are weak -Once dry you cannot revive it -Dependent on the brand, is usually more inexpensive in comparison to other clays Oil-based Clay - Monster Clay is the clay of choice for many sculptors and professional model-makers as it will never dry if it's oil-based and you can buy different types of density of Monster Clay to suit the purpose. -Can be dryed by baking in the oven but will not dry in air. -If you're very careful when moulding, you would be able to cast your sculpture when wet and then reuse the clay for another sculpture. -Smoother to work with and doesn't give off dust particles which if exposed to for a prolonged amount of time can damage your health -usually more expensive How to Sculpt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdBKaP7...
This was a book that I was making that was supposed to expand on my sketchbook work, I ultimately didn't end up finishing it as I didn't feel like I was learning much from it. My intention was to make something that looked like Zine, or had the same feel, but was also an art book. I was inspired by the self-published Zines from the punk era of the late 70s early 80s. I also wanted it to have a chronological view of the music that inspired Bauhaus. Here is what I ended up with: The title is a reference to the Avant Garde band, 'The Art of Noise,' when I found them amongst my dads collection of records. I was very excited by the title, and thought the track 'A Time For the Fear' was highly pertinent for the times we are living in. So include references to this. The front page is a self portrait of me done in arylic, scanned in and over-layed with charcoal. On this page is a study of Marc Bolan of glam rock band, T.Rex, in charcoal. On the alternate page is an exce...
Comments
Post a Comment