RECORDS & REFERENCE MATERIAL / BIBLIOGRAPHY
see extended bibliography:https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSgJhbogYZ3WaiPw-eiwQ-QEEFUaeTt46fy9BxusyL98dQaaULFZIcMzrIZtrgl_1aq5UjX0DB3joR_/pub
RECORDS
I thought it would be worth to mention that this isn't really the format of music of my generation. For the uninitiated, listening to vinyl records became popularised amongst younger people through websites like Tumblr and Pinterest in 2013/14 which created a kind-of aesthetic out of it. Not widely popular but it definitely introduced it to a lot of younger people, which is when I also started to listen to my dads records on his record player. Through this I got to listen to a lot of Bowie records that I wouldn't otherwise have been aware of, I think the first one I listened to was Hunky Dory but my favourite ended up being Scary Monsters and Super Creeps.
Now I've got my own record player and I've started to buy my own records. Obviously I utilise digital formats to listen to music the most, because it's often more convenient and since I listen to music while painting and sculpting, I can't keep changing sides. I owe my discovery of Post-Punk music (and not knowing what the genre was called, just discovering bands that sounded similar that I genuinely enjoyed and didn't realise they all belonged to the same genre) to Spotify. But, if there's an artist that I really love, I'll indulge myself in getting their records. To have a tangible thing that I can hold and appreciate an artist's work by is very satisfying!
Press the Eject and Give me the Tape - Bauhaus (re-release) ⭐
Mask-Bauhaus (re-release) ⭐
Oracle of the Horizontal-David J with Duende ⭐
Crocodile Tears and the Velvet Cosh-David J ⭐
Coming Down-Daniel Ash ⭐
BOOKS
Who Killed Mister Moonlight? Bauhaus, Black Magick, and Benediction
book by David J. Haskins
x
VIDEOS
David J talks about the artwork he made as part of his album release 'Not Long for this World', in which he created 13 post-card sized collage pieces that were put into the records at random
The Art of Noise manifesto
Love and Rockets Interviews
Daniel Ash on MTV 120 minutes - 1990
Love and Rockets Interview-1996
Love and Rockets interview 1989 (Rapido)
Tones on Tail interview 1984
Bauhaus interview for Hoch 5 1998
x
Poptone interview with RIML_TV 2018
Bauhaus interview MTV 1998
David J interview Amoeba Records 2014



Comments
Post a Comment